February 28, 2018
The National Office
The National Office for Arts Accreditation in Reston, Virginia, a suburb of Washington, D.C., invites applications for the position of Assistant to the Management Associate for Finance and Operations. The National Office houses the staff serving four postsecondary, independent, non-governmental accrediting organizations: the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM), the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), the National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST), the National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD); the Accrediting Commission for Community and Precollegiate Arts Schools; and associated entities and initiatives. The Assistant to the Management Associate for Finance and Operations will hold consistent responsibilities and duties with and among all organizational and operating entities managed by the National Office for Arts Accreditation.
The main role of the four postsecondary associations is to provide the service of discipline-specific peer review, a process known as accreditation. For further information regarding these organizations and entities, please visit their respective websites noted above.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Maintain accounts payable/receivable and e-commerce activities
- Manage maintenance and repair of office and office equipment
- Maintain office systems including receiving, sorting, filing, and archiving of materials
- Unwavering integrity
- Disciplined dedication
- Deep intelligence and a keen intellect
- Desire to serve and to contribute
- Cordial and welcoming demeanor
- Curiosity and a passion for learning
- Ability to maintain information as confidential
- Excellent customer service skills; patient and instructional manner
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand and work with and in complex systems
- Exceptional organizational abilities
- Proven ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Meticulous attention to detail and follow-through
- Ability to work successfully, both independently and in teams
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office, FileMaker, and Mac operating systems
An undergraduate degree is required. A degree in the fine and/or performing arts is strongly preferred. At least 3 years of post-college professional experience is required.
The Assistant to the Management Associate for Finance and Operations is a full-time (M-F, 9-5) position. The National Office is a non-smoking and studious work environment. Attire is business professional. Walking distance to the Metro.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Comprehensive benefits package includes selected paid holidays; paid vacation; health, dental, vision, and disability insurance (as eligible); and employer-sponsored 403(b) savings plan.
To be considered for the position, please email the documents outlined below in one PDF-formatted file using your full name as the filename to AMANOAA2018@gmail.com. Please include AMA in the email’s subject line.
- A formal cover letter which describes in detail your capacity to address duties and responsibilities; and speaks to your attributes and skills.
- A resume outlining your educational experience including degree(s) earned, and your professional experience including names of employers and dates of employment. Please include 3-5 professional references.
- Two one-page writing samples which demonstrate your written and verbal communication skills.
Please note: Unfortunately, incomplete applications cannot be considered.