Contact with the Executive Committee should be made through the NASM National Office.
The executive body of the Board of Directors is the Executive Committee composed of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, the Chair of the Commission on Accreditation, the Associate Chair of the Commission on Accreditation, and the Executive Director (ex officio and non-voting).
The Executive Committee shall:
- Implement the policy recommendations of the Board of Directors.
- Exercise the executive policy functions of the Association.
- Have control and overall management of the affairs, funds, and properties of the Association not otherwise provided for.
- Approve the annual budget and engage in long-range financial planning for the Association.
- Maintain the distinctions of functions and responsibilities required in the Bylaws, Article III., Section 3., paragraph 5, and Article IV., Section 1.C. in all aspects of its work.
- Appoint the Executive Director and prescribe his or her duties and compensation.
NASM Executive Committee 2021-2022:
Michael D. Wilder, President (2024)
Tayloe Harding, Vice President (2024)
University of South Carolina
Jeffrey L. Pappas, Treasurer (2022)
University of Tennessee
Mary Ellen Poole, Secretary (2023)
Carnegie Mellon University
Peter T. Witte, Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2022)
University of the Pacific
H. Keith Jackson, Associate Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2022)
West Virginia University
Karen P. Moynahan, Executive Director, ex officio