View Procedures for Submitting Responses and Progress Reports PDF
Number of Copies
Materials should be submitted in two (2) complete copies. Please mail to the NASM National Office:
National Association of Schools of Music
11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21
Reston, VA 20190-5248
Hard copies of requisite materials must reach the NASM National Office no later than:
- May 1 for consideration at the June Commission meeting.
- October 1 for consideration at the November Commission meeting.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to submit Commission-requested information by the deadline noted in your institution’s Commission Action Report will cause the Commission to review the institution for lack of reply. For institutions wishing to submit Commission-requested material early, prior to a stated deadline, failure to meet a deadline noted above will not ensure an early review.
- Use only standard 8½ x 11-inch (letter-size) paper.
- Each Response or Progress Report should be hole-punched to fit a standard three-ring notebook (i.e., centers of holes should measure 1¼, 5½, and 9¾ inches from the bottom of the page).
- Non-standard size materials (e.g., transcripts, programs, etc.) should be enclosed in labeled, unsealed, manila envelopes. Please include any supporting materials (e.g., handbook, promotional materials), including oversized or undersized items in a separate reclosable envelope labeled with the institution’s name and the envelope’s general contents.
- Bind each copy of the response or progress report by placing a paper clip in the upper left-hand corner.
Please reply in detail to each concern of the Commission, providing supporting documentation where applicable. In most cases, it is appropriate to copy each item cited and provide the response directly beneath it.
Two (2) copies of the latest edition of all pertinent catalog materials should be sent with the response or progress report; OR the institution may provide the direct URL to its online catalog.
Please contact the National Office with any questions.