The Sourcebook for Futures Planning and its Supplements I, II, III, IV are a compendium of methods for analyzing future trends and conditions and their impact on music units. Liberally illustrated with charts, the workbook contains planning tools of varying complexity to enable music executives to select portions of particular applicability to their situations and experience.
- The Sourcebook for Futures Planning provides means for considering a variety of futures issues that concern schools and departments of music. The text focuses on how to ask good questions at the local level.
- Sourcebook Supplement I provides additional planning tools and indicates some general applications of Sourcebook ideas.
- Sourcebook Supplement II contains applications for K-12 education in music and strategic planning for faculty.
- Sourcebook Supplement III contains applications for curriculum and program planning and for diversity and multicultural issues.
- Sourcebook Supplement IV: Creating Your Self-Study contains the nature and multiple uses of institutional self-study reports. The primary focus is self-study for accreditation reviews, but other applications are possible.