Contact with the Board of Directors should be made through the NASM National Office.
The Board of Directors is composed of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, the Immediate Past President, the Chair and the Associate Chair of the Commission on Accreditation, the Chair of the Commission on Community College Accreditation, a Non-Degree-Granting Member, the nine Regional Chairs, and three Public Members. With the exception of the Public Members, the Board is appropriately balanced to represent a variety of music backgrounds and perspectives. The Executive Director is an ex officio, non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors shall:
- Exercise the various responsibilities of the Board as stipulated in the Bylaws.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Executive Committee in its jurisdiction over and responsibility for the executive functions of the Association.
- Review the annual report of the Association’s financial position as prepared by the Association’s official auditors.
- Establish and revise Part I of the Rules of Practice and Procedure in the NASM Handbook following consultation with accredited institutional members.
- Address the needs of the membership, recognizing the diversity as well as the common basic purposes of all member institutions.
- Review and, as appropriate, act on proposals presented by any ad hoc committees established by the Board to address issues that the Bylaws indicate are under the authority of the Board.
NASM Board of Directors 2016-2017:
Sue Haug, President (2018)
Pennsylvania State University
Dan Dressen, Vice President (2018)
St. Olaf College
Jeffrey L. Pappas, Treasurer (2019)
University of Tennessee
Tayloe Harding, Secretary (2017)
University of South Carolina
Mark Wait, Immediate Past President (2018)
Kate M. Ransom, Non-Degree-Granting Member, Board of Directors (2017)
The Music School of Delaware
William A. Meckley, Chair, Commission on Community College Accreditation (2017)
Schenectady County Community College
Michael D. Wilder, Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2019)
Peter T. Witte, Associate Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2019)
University of the Pacific
Thomas Priest, Chair, Region 1 (2018)
Weber State University
Christopher Bianco, Chair, Region 2 (2018)
Western Washington University
David Reynolds, Chair, Region 3 (2018)
South Dakota State University
Don Reddick, Chair, Region 4 (2017)
Olivet Nazarene University
Kathleen Hacker, Chair, Region 5 (2017)
University of Indianapolis
Armenio Suzano, Jr., Interim Chair, Region 6 (2017)
John P. Henry, Jr., Chair, Region 7 (2019)
North Carolina A&T State University
Caterina Bristol, Chair, Region 8 (2019)
Alabama State University
David E. Scott, Chair, Region 9 (2019)
Texas A&M University – Commerce
Karen P. Moynahan, Executive Director, ex officio