Contact with the Board of Directors should be made through the NASM National Office.
The Board of Directors is composed of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, the Immediate Past President, the Chair and the Associate Chair of the Commission on Accreditation, the Chair of the Commission on Community College Accreditation, a Non-Degree-Granting Member, the nine Regional Chairs, and three Public Members. With the exception of the Public Members, the Board is appropriately balanced to represent a variety of music backgrounds and perspectives. The Executive Director is an ex officio, non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors shall:
- Exercise the various responsibilities of the Board as stipulated in the Bylaws.
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Executive Committee in its jurisdiction over and responsibility for the executive functions of the Association.
- Review the annual report of the Association’s financial position as prepared by the Association’s official auditors.
- Establish and revise Part I of the Rules of Practice and Procedure in the NASM Handbook following consultation with accredited institutional members.
- Address the needs of the membership, recognizing the diversity as well as the common basic purposes of all member institutions.
- Review and, as appropriate, act on proposals presented by any ad hoc committees established by the Board to address issues that the Bylaws indicate are under the authority of the Board.
NASM Board of Directors 2022-2023:
Michael D. Wilder, President (2024)
Tayloe Harding, Vice President (2024)
University of South Carolina
Heather Landes, Treasurer (2025)
Arizona State University
Mary Ellen Poole, Secretary (2023)
Carnegie Mellon University
Immediate Past President (Vacant)
Kirsten Morgan, Non-Degree-Granting Member, Board of Directors (2023)
The Diller-Quaile School of Music
Kevin J. Dobreff, Chair, Commission on Community College Accreditation (2023)
Grand Rapids Community College
H. Keith Jackson, Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2025)
West Virginia University
Daniel Goble, Associate Chair, Commission on Accreditation (2025)
Colorado State University
Gary Cobb, Vice Chair, Region 1 (2023)
Linda Kline, Chair, Region 2 (2024)
Boise State University
Eric Honour, Chair, Region 3 (2024)
University of Central Missouri
Andrew R. Glendening, Chair, Region 4 (2023)
Northern Illinois University
Susan D. Van Vorst, Chair, Region 5 (2023)
Baldwin Wallace University
David Davies, Chair, Region 6 (2023)
Linda Apple Monson, Chair, Region 7 (2025)
George Mason University
Laura M. Moore, Chair, Region 8 (2025)
University of South Alabama
Jeff Bright, Chair, Region 9 (2025)
Arkansas Tech University
Karen P. Moynahan, Executive Director, ex officio